As we set our sights on the future of golf in Southern Ohio, we firmly believe that there is an opportunity for a truly exceptional private golf club.
Traditionally, when golf club leadership announces changes to a club and golf course, they often express a desire to return to the glory days. However, we do not intend to take Country Club of the North back to a bygone era; instead, we are determined to forge ahead into a new and more meaningful era.
An investment of $8 million will predominantly focus on enhancing the course and grounds, and elevating course conditions and playability. As you are aware, the deep-rooted heritage of the Nicklaus name in Ohio makes this collaboration a momentous occasion for the future of CCN.
Remainder of 2023 (considering winter conditions):
- Restoration of water features, including the signature waterfall on hole #8
- Repair of rock walls and stone features
- Installation of a brand-new state-of-the-art irrigation system begins, along with new pump station
Nicklaus Design Group will complete the design phase for the master plan
- Spring completion of the bunker renovation
- Spring completion of new irrigation system, allowing for premium turf coverage
- Completion of laser-leveling of all tee boxes
- Enhancements to short game area, practice greens and new and improved range experience
*Please note that the following timeline is approximate and subject to weather conditions and other considerations